Tuesday, June 21, 2011

POCO BOHO: MEET AMANDA.


WE THOUGHT IT ONLY APPROPRIATE TO INTRODUCE AMANDA, OUR PARTNER IN THE PINT SIZED ENDEAVOR THAT IS POCO BOHOSHE HAILS FROM CHICAGO, HAS LIVED IN BOTH MEXICOS (THE STATE AND THE COUNTRY) AND STARTED HER NAMESAKE HANDBAG COLLECTION IN LONDON. SHE CURRENTLY MAKES HER HOME IN HONG KONG, WITH HER DASHING HUSBAND BARNEY AND THEIR TWO CHILDREN, OSCAR AND ELLA.
BREAKFAST: 1/2 onion bagel with cream cheese, salmon, thin slice of red onions and a slice of tomato 

MORNING RITUAL: Up at 6AM, make the kids breakfast, shower, walk Oscar down to the bus then walk Ella to her school, emails and hopefully a little exercise
EVENING RITUAL: Bath the kids, games or a video, and a few books and bed; then a drink and dinner with my husband, Barney
MOST MEMORABLE FOOD: When I found a bumble bee in my yoghurt when I was young. 
CONTENTS OF YOUR SUMMER SUITCASE: Swim suits, Havianas, dresses, sarong, sandals, running shoes, and sweat pants. 
BOHEMIAN ADVENTURE: Living in Mexico and weekends in San Miguel de Allende taking art classes.
BEST PICNIC: Blanket, wine, bread, cheese, sausages, a chuck wagon, an old gramophone playing, good friends on the Pecos river in New Mexico.
BEST COSTUME: Costume jewelry
BEST BOHEMIAN: Jane Birkin
BEST COMPLIMENT: When I am complimented on my children
FAVOURITE MATERIALS: Rope, linen, velvet, wood and colored glass. 
ON GROOMING: At least once a day.
INSPIRED: By my surroundings and travel. 
PARTNER IN CRIME: My husband, Barney and our kids Oscar and Ella.
LOOKING FORWARD TO: Our trip with the kids to Mongolia. 
BEACH READING: Vanity Fair.
FAVOURITE CHILDHOOD GARMENT: A dress that had a watermelon embroidered on the front. 
CHILDREN'S CLOTHING: Must have pockets to put private little toys, bloomer shorts which can be worn with dresses or shirts. Dresses that can grow into shirts. And no logos.
CHILDREN'S BOOK: Frog and Toad, and Babar.
FICTIONAL HERO: Howard in The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.
CHILDHOOD MEMORY: Quahog-ing with my brothers and sister and cousins in Cape Cod, Dragging my mother's antique furniture to  my house in the lilac bushes, playing kick-the-can, painting with my grandmother.
BAREFOOT OR BLAHNIK: Both, on different occasions.
WHEN I WAS LITTLE: I wanted to be a news correspondent.
IN ANOTHER LIFE: I was a native on an island. I probably smoked a pipe and was slightly autocratic. 


ABOVE, AMANDA WEARS THE ALIX OF BOHEMIA WHITE 'ANITA' BLOUSE WITH POM-POMS AND A CUSTOM ORANGE 'TALITHA' DRESS WITH TASSELS.